Cycling Victoria will be hosting a range of riding programs this school holidays aimed at teaching and increasing riding skills for both road and track cycling. The Let’s Ride School holiday programs will be held at the Darebin International Sports Centre. Programs will be conducted in a safe environment away from roads.
All programs will be led by qualified and experienced coaches. All coaches have a current and accredited working with children check.
Location: Darebin International Sports Centre, 281 Darebin Road, Thornbury.
What to bring:
– All food and drink for the program.
– Helmet & bike for 2nd Gear and 3rd Gear Road Programs.
1st Gear – Road Program
For kids that have never ridden a bike before or cannot ride more than 20 metres without stopping.
-Aimed at kids that have no bike experience
-Will learn the basics to get started on a bike
-Fun on a bike
2nd Gear – Road and Track Program
For kids that can ride a bike but is new to riding on the road or track.
– Basic bike and equipment safety check
– Learning starting and stopping
– Group riding and team activities
– Learning cornering, braking, straight line riding and bike control
– Fun on a bike
3rd Gear – Track Velodrome Program
For confident track riders.
– Riding in a group
– Team and individual pursuits
– Bunch racing
– Fun on a Track Bike
1st Gear –
2nd Gear Track –
3rd Gear Track –