On the 12th of December, Cycling Australia ran a Let’s Ride Schools in Western Australia with great success. PE teachers felt engaged and got good knowledge and ideas of how to run a Let’s Ride program at their schools. It also gives them freedom to become Let’s Ride coaches and deliver programs around their area.
Let’s Ride Schools is a program which empowers schools to become leaders in cycling education by giving teachers the skills and confidence to be cycling instructors. The sessions are designed for up to 8 teachers to undertake the one day training course.
Additionally Cycling Australia provides session plans and ongoing support to delivery Let’s Ride. Upon the completion of training, schools will be permitted to run all programs as Loyalty programs and will receive one free of charge Loyalty program each term when another is booked for the school.
How to run a Let’s Ride Schools
To run a Let’s Ride School there are some options:
1: Sporting Schools (SS) Funded
Go to www.sportingschools.com.au and apply for the SS Funding , contact Cycling Australia at email@example.com asking to use the Funding to cover the course.
- CA will provide an instructor to deliver the course on your preferred date. Upon the completion of training, schools will be permitted to run all programs as Loyalty programs and will receive one free of charge Loyalty program each term when another is booked for the school
2: Self-Funded – contact us to get a quote!
- Skills Instructor Course up to 8 people;
You can run Let’s Ride for 12 months for as many students you wish and we offer:
- Skills Instructor Course up to 8 people
- Uniform for coaches/ teachers
- Teacher Resources (bag with all material you need to run the session)
- Access to online platform with Session plans (2nd, 3rd and 4th Gear), at home activities, provision of co-curricular activities in Yr. 3/4 (science-based unit) and Yr. 5/6 (humanities-based unit.), Ride for Life resources
- 3 months free membership for every child that completes the program. The Membership gives them the opportunity to get affiliated to a club and keep the journey going and also insurance
Previously to the course, individuals have to provide:
- A currently registered Teacher
- A recognized First Aid Certificate (The course must be HLTAID003 or HLTAID002 and HLTAID001)
- Cycling Australia coach membership. Check for options: http://membership.cycling.org.au/
* Coaches are accredited for 4 years.
What are you waiting for? That’s a great opportunity to get some important cycling knowledge and deliver Cycling Australia’s National Junior Program – Let’s Ride